|Welcome to Natural Kansas!|
Kansas is your portal to the many
The tremendous natural diversity of the state is a secret only to those who have never been here.
Click on one of the links to the left to begin your exploration or scroll on down this page to learn more about habitat diversity in Kansas.
The largest expanse of tallgrass prairie left in the world is in eastern Kansas! Click the icon to learn more about this beautiful region and the many different wildlife viewing sites within it.
The map below shows the many landforms of the state.
(* The physiographic provinces are not habitat types, but rather landforms distinguished by common landscape features and geological history. For detailed descriptions of the physiographic provinces, visit the GeoKansas web site maintained by the Kansas Geological Survey.)
Come see the beauty of Kansas!
- Explore over 100 different sites with great wildlife viewing opportunities.
- Learn about upcoming nature-based events.
- Find out which roads are the most scenic or which sites have the best trails for hiking, horseback riding or mountain biking.
Look for this icon in the site descriptions and click on it to find nearby Geocaches.
Look for this icon in the site descriptions and click on it to find a birding list for that area.
- Major updates to this web site are listed here.
- Need reference books for your trip?
- Explore related web sites on the internet.
- Got ideas for how we can do better? Please send us email.
- Want to see the whole site at once? Use our Site Index.
Questions or comments about Natural Kansas may be directed to